It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Short Lables?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:37 pm 
GDB Pro

Hi guys,

I have a question for graphic designers.

I have a very particular business that I've been doing for years. It's such a niche market that I've developped some unusual printing abilities.

I've been trying to figure out where else I can apply these capabilities, and keep coming up blank. Today, someone told me to see if there was any use for this in the prepress area.

So here's what I can do:

-Short-run labels, using spot colors. Can be any quantity - even a single label.
-Custom die cut lines. Any shape you specify, only limited by what you can draw.
-Ability to print on white, clear, black or colored polymers/vinyls.
-Ability to print solid white ink, with excellent opacity.
-Ability to print metallic inks (silver, gold, chrome, chrome gold)
-Lightning-fast turnaround. Usually same day.
-Unbelievably cheap, compared to proof press.

So, what do you think? Do I move on to another market, or are graphic designers who I need to be approaching?

Post subject: Re: Short Lables?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:56 pm 
GDB Newbie

well peter, printing industry has grown a lot in recent years. You can can choose to sell new products in the same industry. You can introduce different custom shaped die cut stickers, provide folder printing, letter head printing and all other stationary products required in business.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:53 am 
GDB Newbie

Delta Promotions Team is a local printing company in Oklahoma City, that handles all of your needs related to printing, promotion, mobile advertising, digital media, screen printing and embroidery. Call Delta Promotions Team in Oklahoma City Now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:35 pm 
GDB Regular

Graphic designers are a good group of people to come to, but I wouldn’t just market to us. I do know that a lot of people need and could use those kinds of services. Best of luck to you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:35 am 
GDB Administrator

I definally think that other would be intrested. I know there are a lot of srarting designers who don't have a lot of money who need some things printed. If they go to a big print house the don't have the money or the need to print 500 of something. Maybe they only need 20 or so. So I think that its great that you can do it.

Tell me, is your printed limited to anything? or can you pretty much print anything (like letterhead, bus-cards, brochures, postcards and stuff like that)

Reason why I as is because I need to print some tri-fold brochures (8-1/2x11 w/ bleed, double sided-4 color) Since most of my stuff is done at my job, I don't have much time devoted to my freelance yet, but I do want some promotional stuff. I don't want to go to a print house because I don't need like 250 or 500, I only need like 50 or so.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:55 pm 
GDB Junior

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone having "unusual printing capabilities", and it brings up the question on what are considered the "usual printing capabilities". You could try asking yourself what the different problems people have and which among your capabilities can be used to solve them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:12 am 
GDB Regular

You can of course retain your services while offering others as well. It this way, your customers will have more options. The industry of printing will always be there. It's just that you need to establish yourself to run well in the midst of competition.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:29 pm 
GDB Newbie

The advantage of combining variable printing with digital printing is the ability to make every label unique. Whether you are printing serial numbers, barcodes, 2D barcaroles, parking decals or date and lot coding on product labels, Repacorp can print your black variable data on a static 4-color process label with custom die cuts. Combining variable data with digital printing is especially useful,.

2ana.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:10 am 
GDB Newbie

The cost of digital printing is not too higher today, I would say.